This blog contains information that is adult in nature. If you are underage please leave at once.


Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful Thursday # 5

Gotta say first this was O's idea, he reminded me that I haven't done one of these for a while, well since Thanksgiving, before everything went to hell or maybe it was just a visit.  In any event New Years Eve seems to be the perfect time to be thankful.  Right now, I'm thankful for Omega and all he's done to make things right between us.  He went into rehab for his sex addiction because his life was completely spinning out of control, and that was a scary place for him to find himself in.  His therapist and Jim both were suggesting it in the weeks leading up but something happened that just pushed him over the edge.  I still do blame myself for that and ya, I know, everyone keeps telling me it's not my fault. 


So, what does this have to do with being thankful?  I'm thankful it played out now the way it did.  I'm glad I made him see the thing that sent him over the edge, and I'm glad now we can finally talk about it.  I needed that.  I needed to know it's okay.  


It is often said that women confuse sex and intimacy, well I gotta say men do it too.  With O it's different, he doesn't use sex to feel loved, the way I believe women do, but instead to avoid feeling love.  He gets what he needs out of it, a release but allowing himself to feel real love is nearly impossible.  If he lets himself feel that then he's leaving himself too open for hurt or betrayal.  What he doesn't realize is that by walling himself off like that he's denying himself.  He's lying to me and anyone else.  He'll tell himself it's better this way because then no one can be hurt but the problem is that HE can't be hurt.  What others might feel is very different.   He will say the right things at the right time to get the response he needs, but now I understand better how he was going through the motions of what he thought he needed, or what I needed him to be, instead being the man I know he was and can be again.  


Sex addiction is the complication to an already complicated man (can you hear the Shaft Theme playing in the background--sorry that must be in my head), it fuels his desires and needs to the point of consumption or total annihilation.  He's working hard on bringing those facets, complicated as they are, into one human; a simple mortal with failings.  He is learning to accept his failings and I'm thankful that he is.  


For me, I'm thankful that through this all I still love him enough for the both of us (at least for a while) while he tries hard to bring himself together.  I'm working on my patience (tho everyone seems to think I have in abundance--I feel I don't).  And I'm working on me too.  The dark cobbwebby parts of me, the nasty bits, and the singing parts that make me, well, His mouse (yes I capitalized the "H" but don't get used to it).  


Not at all the normal stuff to be thankful for, yet I'm thankful nonetheless.  


I'm also thankful that I woke up for the first time in many days not feeling all stuffy, clogged and achy.  I actually slept fairly well and got some rest....Yay me!  





6 comments:

  1. Mouse: Glad to hear you cold is getting better and good luck in dealing with all the issues that you and Omega are facing. Good luck on everything working out and have a happy new year.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well technically it's not your fault... but it's not about fault either. It's about everyone involved recognizing their responsibility in how things played out and learning from the experience so that it doesn't happen again. You had your responsibility and Omega had his... and you're both working through that together, which is awesome. I'm certainly thankful for that. :-D

    And glad to hear your cold is getting better.

    *hugs*

    spirited

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear your feeling better and that your cold seems to be going.

    Happy New Year and I hope everything works out for you.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Thankful Thursdays.
    Always good to be mindful of all the things we do have, despite how it feels sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling much better!

    I have been reading your blog and have enjoyed it. Hoping your day today is full of smiles and that things get better for you and yours.

    gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know this about your relationship. Glad you had the strength to make it through.

    I didn't come into the blog world until Jan 2010, and discovered you--your blog (different version) around March of that year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are suspended for now.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.