This blog contains information that is adult in nature. If you are underage please leave at once.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The power exchange

To me, the power exchange is comprised of three very basic elements.  Trust, control, and letting go of fear.  When I think of the power exchange, I think of it as a wheel.  Half is Dominant, the other half submissive.  Trust is the lubricant, which allows the wheel to turn.  Control is the wheel's support (spokes, a heavy rim) which prevent the wheel from collapsing on its own weight.  What of fear?  Fear causes the premature degradation of the wheel.  It infects the wheel, such as rust affects metal.  The lubricant is not as effective, the rim begins to buckle under the pressure and eventually the wheel breaks. 

When one considers a tire.  A metal rim (control) covered in rubber (trust) but it must be balanced (fear), otherwise the tread wears wrong, diminishing the lifespan of the rubber.  

Trust and control must be present or the fear will take over undermining everything. 

7 comments:

SBF said...

Very good description. I have come across a lot of men who don't understand this basic concept.

mouse said...

Master...very well said. The mental images of your writing helps the overall message. I love you!

Yours.......

K said...

That is a great analogy..

turiya said...

I see the truth in that now... I wish I saw it sooner, Sir.

Alice said...

This is so true, and very well put. If the trust isn't strong enough the fear easily takes over, and that is dangerous for the health of the relationship.

Sir J said...

nice metaphor

Lotus said...

This came at the perfect time for me. I need most of all to learn to let go of my fear and trust more in Master.
This was a perfect image to illustrate what is truly going on in the dynamic.