This blog contains information that is adult in nature. If you are underage please leave at once.


Monday, April 1, 2013

A State of Bliss

Sunday, after the odd post and our exchange on the blog, Daddy came to mouse asking her to "be still" for the day and focus only on whatever task she was doing. The weather was lovely, so we packed up the kids and headed to a local nursery to buy some flowers to plant. A wrinkle of mouse's nose spoke clearly that she wasn't impressed with the offerings.

It's always that way with mouse it seems. The idea is always better. The reality sometimes just isn't. But she's rarely disappointed in where Daddy leads her. There Daddy found the perfect flowers. 

It seemed that mouse was too focused on what wouldn't work, than focused on just looking for what would or might work...or has worked before.

With a lowering of her eyes, hopefully mouse conveyed gratitude. In a very uncharacteristic turn, Daddy touched mouse's cheek tenderly...it was an odd unabashed moment for him and a moment for mouse where the world melted away. Off in a distance mouse swore she heard a rattle of chains.

Sure it's possible it was only a wind-chime -- but to mouse it was far deeper.

Back at home, we worked together as a unit to plant the flowers.

Later inside the house, mouse busied herself with laundry and other things...and tried not to let her mind wander from the task. It's not always easy...mouse calls it multitasking...what mom doesn't?

Sure she can care for the youngest, while folding clothes and talking on the phone...but at the same time...she's not focused. The energy becomes divided Daddy says. He's slowly trying to change that. It's probably more about staying in the moment and finding the joy in everything that he wishes mouse to embrace. It's opening her eyes to thoughts and expressions she didn't think possible.

Anyway this is a way too serious post on an April fool's day!

12 comments:

tori said...

A completley random question, but was there any particular reason you stopped doing your newbie Tuesdays, i always thought they were quite informative and helpful?

I suppose though there is that element of how many times can one cover the same ground.

Ps i detest gardening

x

mouse said...

Honestly, mouse would love to bring it back....the problem was that just as you said...it seemed repetitive. Not that parts don't bear repeating....

If you or anyone else has a topic idea for it please Email it or leave it in a comment on the blog. Will talk to Daddy about not publishing those comments but saving them for mouse to reply to....

Hugs,
mouse

ashebridge said...

Wow, this hit home big time. "The energy becomes divided..." I really like this idea. I'm always in mental overdrive. This is precisely why I'm often disappointed with myself for not completing things or rushing through. Well I can't when my energy is infinitely divided. This is going to be my mission this week. No dividing energy. Thanks to both of you.

Love your blog by the way! You're so inspirational to me in many ways and I'm thankful to have found you!

Tiffany said...

Yes, focus is sometimes a hard thing to do. I bet the plants look beautiful.

Advizor54 said...

The world fell in love with multitasking years ago and is now learning that we really aren't very good at it. Our minds are at their best when they tackle one problem at a time. I tell my kids the same thing my parents told me, "You can't study and listen to music/watch TV/talk on the phone at the same time." I tell my boy, do one thing at a time and do it well. I need to take my own advice at work.

PS - I love gardening and my gardener that does it so very well.

monkey girl said...

I've been meaning to tell you for awhile that I wish H used the "be still" command. I certainly need it. I get so scattered sometimes I can't concentrate on one thing and I find it frustrating. Then it seems like nothing gets done to my satisfaction...everything is kinda just half done. :-\
Happy April mouse and Omega!!
;)
mg

Anonymous said...

What a lovely moment you captured. Being mindful is so important...but its funny how often i have to remind myself of this. Maybe your flowers will remind you to stop and feel the stillness inside. Thanks for sharing this.

jade
jadescastle.wordpress.com

mouse said...

Thanks so much chickadee!

Hugs,
mouse

mouse said...

They do look nice. Hopefully we can keep them alive...

LOL

Hugs,
mouse

mouse said...

Yep...

Except mouse truly hates even the idea of gardening. But does like flowers....

Seriously

Hugs,
mouse

mouse said...

mg...

Talk to him about it...Honestly mouse has a love/hate thing with him telling mouse to "be still"

Happy April

hugs,
mouse

mouse said...

Thanks and yes they do....

Thanks also for reading...

Hugs,
mouse