We're going through things, not really packing, but going through before the packing begins. Pre-packing. It occurred to mouse that she should have explained things better or differently, but her focus was divided between too much she wanted to say. Today, she'll let work know that she won't be signing the contract offer. That's going to be rough on her, more than she realized.
The timeline that isn't really a timeline yet. The only thing we do know is probably sometime during July. Guess we should also explain, we aren't selling our house but will be leasing it out -- so it must be emptied completely. If after time passes and we hate it, then we can always move back. Daddy's made arrangements to stay with family. While mouse isn't thrilled with much of this...
When we began talking seriously about this, it started as a "why not just do it" thing....it was the very kind of thing that after a days, we'd just abandon it. This time though, we kept talking. We even made a list of pros and cons, tacked it with a magnet, and added to it as we thought of things. Daddy insisted on three columns, one for pros another for cons and the third was for questions (what we needed to find out before we could decide).
Weather landed in the "con" category, because it's a crap shoot and we won't really know for sure until we've done it. Daddy would double check the answers before deciding if it was a pro or con. In the end, while a couple cons were huge, the pros really outweighed them. Then we talked more between us and mouse had to be very honest.
It actually was harder than it sounds, because mouse really wants to please him and to be happy with her. This required her to examine her real feelings about it all and worse, express them. He didn't dismiss any of the concerns, but talked her through them and made them less scary.
Yet, there are times when the fears get inside her and she questions our sanity in this.
Today, is one of those days. Maybe tomorrow will be easier.